BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

A more unpleasant post...

Ok, so the last few things I have blogged about have all been really awesome things, things that make my band amazing and my journey awesome...but here comes a little dose of reality.

With the band come certain complications. As you are going through the pre-band process you hear about foods you shouldn't eat and things you shouldn't do, but to be truthful, you really have to experience things for yourself. For instance...tons of bandsters can't eat rice...but I can. Lots of bandsters have problems with cheese...I don't. But there are a couple of things I've come across. It took me 2 1/2 months to regurge anything...I know that's gross but I thought it was quite an accomplishment! I'm still learning and with that learning comes some unpleasantries. For example, my band gets tighter at night...I should probably avoid eating past 10pm...but I don't always.  I should ALWAYS make sure I chew thoroughly and slow...BUT I DON'T ALWAYS. Tortillas...oh how I miss you...you are the ONLY food that I have wanted and haven't been able to eat. I've tried you fried, grilled, soft...you just don't love me or my band anymore but...small price to pay!! Bottom line...it's a learning curve and I'm starting to really understand my band and how it works and it's limitations in my body.

Dose of reality #2...the weight loss is slowing down...after losing almost 40lbs in 2 months I was really hoping to keep it up...but you can't lose like that forever. Now I've had a 2 week stall that kept me hovering right around the 248 mark which was frustrating. I've started moving the pin on the scale again though and this week I weighed in at 245.4. So hard to believe that I've lost almost 50lbs since April 1st...3 more lbs to goal #2...-50lbs. Then on to the biggest challenge yet...Onederland. If you are unfamiliar with the term it's when you finally drop below the 200lb mark and back into the 1-hundreds. I only have 46lbs to go!!! Woot woot!! 

This has been the best decision of my life. I would never be where I am in my weight loss without the band. So, even with the slower weight loss...I have never once regretted my decision!!

In other awesome news...I am enrolled in school for the fall. My degree has been on hold for a year now and I miss it terribly! I'll finish up all my electives then head back to the Graphic Design program to finish the second half of my AAS! Yay!!

All in all, 2011 has been an awesome year for me and now that my work schedule is chillin a little more, I look forward to enjoying the end of summer and all of my amazing friends and family!!

Peace and love
     Jordan

0 comments: